Fisnar’s automated dispensing program for photovoltaic solar assembly consists of a variety of automated robots, including standard and customized panel-ready gantry and cantilever robots for module framing. Applications in panel manufacture such as sealing and conductive bonding can be accommodated with Fisnar’s single and two-part fluid metering and mixing systems, offering a total assembly solution for conveyor assembly, resin casting, UV and convection cure.
Bench robotics and dispensing systems are used for smaller panel fabrication and potting junction boxes. Material solutions include 2-part silicones and UV formulations.
Fisnar is a provider of dispensing automation to the wind energy industry, supplying hot-melt equipment for molds, and low pressure two-part metering & mixing systems for laminated composites used in turbine blade manufacture.
Automated dispensing is applied extensively in the manufacture of electric vehicles and their components, such as batteries and power supplies. Lithium-ion batteries are also increasingly selected for industrial and commercial storage. Fisnar provides dispensing solutions for sealing and bonding applications used in Lithium-ion battery production.
LED technology is a growth area in all major industries and LED utility lighting for city streets and architectural programs are now part of every new project. Fisnar is a leader in supplying automated solutions for dispensing specialty chemicals used in LED manufacture, such as UV and silicone for sealing, bonding and coating.
Renewable Energy Technologies:
- Crystalline photovoltaic
- CPV concentrated photovoltaic solar
- CST concentrated solar thermal
- Thin film cell
- Wind power
- EV electric vehicles
- LED light emitting diod
Photovoltaic Dispensing Applications:
- Panel to frame bonding
- Junction box attach
- Sealing, potting, and bonding junction boxes and panel edge
- Internal insulation, cell positioning, hold down, and improved aesthetic
- Charge collection, bus bar and connection application
- Concentrating sunlight for concentrated solar or concentrated photovoltaic application
- Thin glass mirror attachment
- Field mounting and solar panel installation
- Bonding flexible solar modules onto solar panel
- Module bonding
- Bonding, potting and encapsulating applications
Dispensing Fluids used in Renewable Energy Product Assembly:
- RTV sealants
- UV cure adhesives and sealants
- Solder pastes
- Epoxy single and two-part fluids
- Grease and lubricants