Hot Melt Hoses
Hot Melt Hoses for Tank Controllers
Rugged construction hot melt heated hoses include a Teflon® core, a reinforced stainless steel braid and enhanced high temperature insulation with a durable polyester braid cover for abrasion resistance.
115 VAC hoses are suitable for HM044-115 Tank Controllers only.
5 Steps in selecting a hose
- The electrical connection for a manual hand valve hose is different than the electrical connection for an automatic valve used for an automated application. Hand valve hoses are supplied with metal jacketed screw-on electrical connectors; automatic valve hoses include bayonet snap-release connectors. When ordering, hoses will have an “H” prefix indicating a hose to connect to a hand valve or an “A” for a hose to connect to an automatic valve. Note that the fluid connection is supplied with a JIC type screw-on fitting for either type of hose.
- Hoses are also designed for either extrusion (beads) (E) or swirl/spray (S) patterns and designated with an “E” or an “S” in the hose reference item # when ordering. Swirl/spray (S) hoses are similar to bead (E) hoses but integrate an internally wound air line that heats the air used in swirl/spray applications.
- They are then described by a diameter code for the hose I.D. diameter:
|Code 4||1/4” 6.35mm|
|Code 6*||3/8” 9.52mm|
|Code 8||1/2” 12.70mm|
|Code 12||3/4” 19.05mm|
|Code 16||1” 25.45mm|
|* Standard Recommended|
4. They are then described by a diameter code for the hose I.D. diameter:
|115VAC||Hose Lengths 4ft (121.92cm) to 16ft (487.68cm) Max|
|240VAC||Hose Lengths 4ft (121.92cm) to 32ft (975.36cm) Max|
5. Finally select the voltage 115VAC or 240VAC
Examples of How to Order:
Example 1: H-S-6-8-115
Order code: H-S-6-8-115 - describes a hose suitable for a hand valve (H) to dispense a swirl pattern (S) with a hose dia. Code 6 - 3/8” (9.52mm) I.D. hose length required is 8ft (243.84cm) and the tank controller voltage is 115V. This hose order example would be suitable for an HM044-115 Tank Controller only.
Example 2: A-E-8-16-240
Order code: A-E-8-16-240 - describes a hose suitable for an automatic valve (A) used in automated systems to dispense an extruded bead (E) (or a single shot) with a hose dia. Code 8 which is a 1/2” (12.70mm) I.D. Hose Length required is 16ft (487.68cm) and the tank controller voltage is 240V. This hose order example would be suitable for either an HM110-240 or HM044-240 tank controller.
Going from Fisnar.com to Ellsworth.com
If you wish to continue to purchase from Fisnar -simply click on CLOSE THIS WINDOW below.
Fisnar’s e-commerce partner in the United States is Ellsworth Adhesives.
Click the link below to leave the Fisnar site and go to the Ellsworth Adhesives site. For credit card orders only.
Thank you for your interest in Fisnar!× CLOSE THIS WINDOW or click the link above.